Thursday, May 04, 2006

Geekdom: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back


They're reporting that Lucasarts is now going to release the original Star Wars (screen cap, above) on DVD. I couldn't care less, and neither should anyone else. How even the most rabid fanboy could care at this point boggles my mind, what with Lucas' constant stream of bullshit about his original/pure/holy vision(s). Sure, I loved the movies when I was a kid and understood that the prequils could never match the originals as seen when I was, like, 7, but Lucas himself is such a clueless whore that I'd like him to be launched into the sun at taxpayer expense, for the good of Art and Humanity.

7 Comments:

Blogger misreall said...

Well, if I were going to get Star Wars that would be the one to get-Han shoots first, the aliens don't look like they are made of ballistic jelly. Still, it is all horrible, horrible whoredom. I am guessing that it coinciding with the 30 year anniversary.

Jesus we are fucking old.

And I really can't be to overly sensitive to this issue, as I have been spending an inordinate amount of time complaining about the new Doctor Who, and how off canon it is. My geekdential are platinum.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

See, this is geek in a forward gear:

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/skid_marks

1:34 PM  
Blogger samiam said...

so when i went to watch this link, it included an ad for infocus projectors with the tag line "light one up".

not only inappropriate, but stupid.

and this video is very long and very boring...

4:57 PM  
Blogger misreall said...

I gave up about 20 seconds in...

On the other hand, the Bunnykill trilogy on the same sight, pretty great. And oh, so cute!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You guys don't know from fun =(

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home