Tuesday, February 21, 2006

"Eyes Wide Shut" was, also, a stupid, pretentious title

In about 35 minutes I have to teach some people something. Illustrator, I think?

Points being: (1) Tired, (2) Lazy, (3) Still Working on Coffee.

But really the point being that while I don't hate my job, I have grown pretty complacent about it. But not in a good way? Let me give you some examples:

+ One reason I don't quit smoking is that this would mean giving up my smoking breaks. Because I believe people have the right to have you institutionalized if you take "fresh air" breaks for 5 - 10 minutes every hour.

+ I spend a lot of the workday on the internet. And by "a lot," I mean "6 of the 7 1/2 hours of my workday." Okay, that's not true. 45 minutes is probably spent on smoke breaks.

+ Despite the fact that I'm not exactly--ha ha!--overworked, I still find work exhausting. By the time Friday night rolls around, I can barely keep my eyes open after 10:30 or so. Makes me feel old and cranky, frankly, and not in a cool "You kids get off mah lawn!" rock-salt in the shotgun kind of way, but in a crazy grumbling to myself in the bathroom kind of way.

Gotta find out what I'm teaching now, though, so "You kids get off mah blog!" [Waves around Edit function aggressively]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home