Friday, May 05, 2006

Well-Mannered Content

I think it is well past time to behave myself in a manner more befitting a gentleman. Therefore I post to the internet on this fine Friday whilst wearing spats and with my monocle firmly screwed into my eye, sipping casually on a lashing of ginger beer.

Everything is most salubrious! Certainly the old bean isn't what it was from back in my salad days, and the rest of me could use a spot of oil in the joints, but I dare say I'm a good many years from the sanatorium, what?

The one thing that has been troubling me is the damnable weeds in my front yard! They're mating like savages! I fear I'm going to have to take some kind of instrument to them, though I don't want to dirty my spoons. On a related note, still no word on when I can expect my mother to secure me a manservant.

Unfortunately, I have to leave my current reminiscing at this juncture, as it is time to toil for my tea, as the lads in accounting say. (Do not worry re: weeds. It's not as bad as all that, and I'm sure the matter will resolve itself to the satisfaction of all.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate weeds too!! : )

7:12 AM  
Blogger misreall said...

Mayhap, instead of using the family silver on the weeds, you might assay a journey to Menard's and partake of their vast and gleaming array of gardening accutremant?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

The Farthingdale Menards?

I believe I took my O-levels with one of them...

12:19 PM  
Blogger misreall said...

No, no, the Waiscotting-Forsmythe-Hairnet Menards. None of them went to University, I am afraid they are all mad and take turns locking each other in the attic.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home