Monday, May 08, 2006

New Candidate for the Strangest Double Feature of All Time - 2006 version

So this weekend I visited the beautiful and charming home of RainDog. In addition to celebrating a colorful folk festival (filled with sombreros, drunken, racist frat boys and ten year old techno jams), drinking (somewhat less than normal, because now we are old), and complaining about everyone other than ourselves, EM, and Tom Waits (love you, Tom, call me) we watched movies.
On Saturday we ended up watching a really cracktastic double feature of A History of Violence (the best movie of last year) and Wallace and Gromit : the Curse of the Wererabbit. If we hadn't taken a judiciously timed break it would have been an even more brain-destroying triple feature that included the last Final Fantasy movie.
I can only assume that RainDog and myself have now, collectively and together, watched so many movies, of so many kinds, that now everything goes with everything else. We have, perhaps, reached such a perfect and disinterested state of viewing that all films are all other films and nothing is, in fact everything.
Call me Hollywood, I have some advice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I liked the part where Wallace split open the one mob guy's head with his giant sword then had rough sex with Gromit on the seat of his giant motorcycle.

I hear they're making a musical version.

6:12 AM  
Blogger misreall said...

By the way, can you either let me edit the post, or fix the typo in the title? Driving me crazy.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I bet Emerging Media took away your admin powers. He fears the Girl Power.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home