Monday, March 20, 2006

Booze Up

So I found myself this weekend with dangerously low levels of booze in the house. A few drinks on Saturday and a few drinks last night found myself pouring the last few unhappy ounces out of a bottle of port. I am beerless, whiskeyless, and close to being without any freezer bottles. Sure, sure: I have wine. I have around 8 bottles of the stuff. But I don't drink... wine.

This, coupled with the fact that I hadn't decided what to do with the "disposable" portion of my tax refund, has made me think that I should Stock Up on Booze. But what to buy? How much to limit my spending to? I'm thinking, off the top of my head, $250 for:

1 bottle Grey Goose vodka
1 bottle Absolute Citron vodka
1 bottle Cask Strength MaCallan scotch (kinda pricey... dunno!)
1 bottle Bushmill/other Irish whiskey
1 bottle Port
6 bottle Samuel Smith beer
1 6-pack Newcastle

And that's where I start to draw a blank. Rum? A token bottle of Sapphire Gin? Mixers?

I feel like I currently only have half-an-ass, and a proper Booze Run needs a full one.

2 Comments:

Blogger misreall said...

Hendrick's gin, it makes a very cool martini and a great gimlet.
Also, pick up a bottle of Lillet (it's pretty damn cheap), if you substitute that for vermouth in a vodka martini you have a vesper, not only cool sounding and tasting, but the original 007 martini, named after a gorgeous French double agent.

3:18 PM  
Blogger misreall said...

Oh, and you should get some key lime juice, for when we...I mean you, make those gimlets.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home