Thursday, March 09, 2006

I Have a Dream...

I actually came in late today because I was so tired last night when I was ready to go to bed that the idea of forcing myself up in the morning was traumatizing. And because generally no one around here would care.

I really don't remember my dreams, as such. Or, rather, my dreams skip around like a drop of water on a hot skillet without regards to any kind of linear or logical sense. (Yeah, yeah, I know: They're dreams, idiot! Yet most dreams still have a basic story and sense of progression--just with talking penguins.)

And so, without further ado, here are the fragments of my dreams from the last night:

1) Alpine Subs, particularly the bread. I sit in a place without detail and eat an Alpine Sub. I love bread so much that I struggle daily with the question of whether to hunt down and kill Dr. Atkins for his heresy or leave him be and enjoy the idea that there's more bread for me. Alpine bread is unique to me as it is a very light bread with lots and lots of texture. It's a bread that tears, actually requires a primative man's clamping of the jaw and twisting of the neck to eat. I usually love a nice heavy bread, too. A 6-foot length of Alpine bread would also make a good kung fu weapon.

2) Other Stuff. Nondescript events, images, and emotions, none of them interesting and none involving chatty flightless waterfoul. Rated PG for potentially non-sensical dialogue.

It's like my subconscious threw up in my dreams and the only lesson my conscious mind learned from it was that I do, indeed, enjoy Alpine Subs.

Of course, the upshot to this is that I really fucking want one of those sandwiches now, and it's a food that you can't substitute for, and the nearest one is two-hours away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home