Thursday, April 06, 2006

Am I bi-polar?




Last night I couldn't get into WOW - so I started surfing, and of course the only surfing I could think to do was to look for a job. Being the pessimist that I am, I just became more and more depressed as I read the job descriptions and thought "I can't do that". This of course led into me thinking that by the time I was 50 I would be working at McDonald's (if I'm lucky).

But in the midst of all of this self-pity and depression and worry I come across this.

Now what makes me think that this is even a possibility? That I have any chance at all? I have no idea - but all of a sudden I spend the next hour or two revamping my resume and coming up with a cover letter all because I have been filled with optimism and hope. Hell - I don't even want to move to Hollywood or New York, but for some un-imaginable reason I have decide that I am the man for this job.

In the light of a new day I am shaking my head, thinking "WTF? If I had spent those two hours watching TV it would have been more profitable ".

I think I will call my doctor now and ask him to up my meds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

An "experienced technologist"!

You could do that job. The only problem would be getting the interview and giving the interviewer an envelope with just the right amount of money in it.

Myself, I don't think I need drugs so much as the occaisional sharp blow to the head. With a surgical 2 x 4, of course.

10:18 AM  
Blogger misreall said...

You really, really don't want to move to Hollywood, 'cause I love LA and would probably bother you a lot.
Although it would be fun to be at a cocktail party and tell people that you are a technologist. You would totally get laid.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home