Friday, February 24, 2006

HAZZAH!

In an effort to improve the mood of my posts I have decided to try and make my posts earlier in the day rather than later, when all the joy has been sucked from my body. Needless to say I am not off to a good start (as you can see) but I will keep trying.

I met with a doctor today about a vasectomy. I have 2 children, so I can safely assume I will no longer need the full functionality of that particular piece of equipment. This was just a consultation before the actual procedure, but it was not the exact news I was hoping to hear.

I have been putting off getting my vasectomy not because of any groundless fears or any other such male nonsense, but rather because dealing with doctors and insurance companies is such an ordeal that I kept 'forgetting'. Now that I am finally taking the bull by the horns, so to speak, I assumed I would just go in, snip snip, I would be uncomfortable for a couple of days and then I could resume my life with one less worry.

No such luck.

Apparently, after the surgery, you need to validate the effectiveness of the procedure by submitting "samples" (no, I won't explain but I am sure you can figure it out). These samples need to tested to make sure that there are no little swimmers still getting through. This whole process takes about an additional 3 months.

Can't I just go stand in front of a microwave or something?

best color to describe my mood: manilla

2 Comments:

Blogger misreall said...

Mrreall was thinking about same. Will share your knowledge with him, and I am sure he will find it about as comforting as you did.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Wait, you'll have to give your doctor tiny drinks and bite-sized bits of food? Can't you just give him a bunch of AOL CDs or something?

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home