Friday, February 24, 2006

I welcome our new avian overlords...




So the other day I was in a meeting and we were talking about satellite transmission capabilities. I made some comment about using terrestrial networks in place of satellite and the conversation went on from there.

One of the creatives who had been in the meeting (he is a great guy, this is no slam on him) sends me an email:

hey ....
quick question for you from the meeting. At one point one of the people asked you
whether or not we used satellites....and you responded with something like "no we use terrestrialites" did I hear that wrong or is that a real word "terrestrialites"
and if so it's the coolest word I've ever heard and you gotta tell me what it means.
thanks!

I laughed and sent him an email correcting his mis-understanding, but it got me thinking. His version of the word is much cooler. I now have visions of some far-flung future where all the normal people are ruled by a fierce race of bird people. They call us things like "dirties" and "walkies" but the human resistance prefers to be called "terrestrialites".

I need to work on it a some more, but I am sure I will be pitching this to some LA producer someday soon.

I'm hoping Matt Damon will play the protagonist. Maybe Gary Oldman for the avian antagonist?

I think I have a winner here.

fruit that best describes my mood: pineapple

3 Comments:

Blogger misreall said...

And Adrian Brody can play the half-avian/half-terrestrialite "doomed mulatto" figure who dies so that our hero (Matt) can save the day.

10:05 AM  
Blogger samiam said...

ohhh - I like , I'll make sure you get a credit in the titles

1:06 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

You know what they'll call all the people they call in to play the non-speaking parts and background filler, right?

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home