Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Up is Down, Black is White

So I woke up 30 minutes ago and now I'm at work with a coffee and scone from the place on the way. Cinnamon scone. Cafe con Leche.

Take a bite of the scone. I can't immediately put my finger on it, but I know it ain't cinnamon. There's, like, a raisin or something in there. No, wait: cranberry. Still too tired, so I only know that It's Wrong. And what the hell is that other flavor? Orange?

Take a sip of the coffee. Now, in defense of the woman working there, I have actually been to places where the Cafe con Leche (which I believe is Cuban for "an outdoor letch") was actually sweet, like steamed milk, coffee, and sugar. And also, my radar is usually attuned to ping the panic centers of my brain if a barrista, making my coffee, gets within 6 feet of a syrup, but, well...

So, anyway, I'm not finding a lot of joy lying around on the ground so far today.


Mood as a Torani Syrup: Almond Roca/Toasted Walnut (tie)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home